Paxton Village Hall is the central meeting place of the small village of Paxton in the Scottish Borders. It has a great variety of uses catering for all members of our community
Village halls are an integral part of rural community life and provide a focal meeting point.
With this in view, a group of enterprising villagers set up a Hall Trust before the Second World War and after the War, with government help, the original building was eventually erected and opened in 1952. It was a wonderful asset to the village and over the years was well used. So much so, that larger improved facilities were required.
In 2002 the Village Hall was renovated and an extension built with the help of a grant from the Lottery Community Fund. In 2016, the kitchen was upgraded with a new equipment to make food catering easier for functions.
As well as our regular groups and classes, the hall has also hosted dances, parties, ceilidhs, tabletop sales, car boot sales, after-funeral gatherings and even local weddings and christening celebrations! We’ve even had local Girl Guides and Cubs for sleepover!
We cater for anything!